[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[June 19, 2022]


I was experiencing a small leak with my smoke system. I originally used Teflon tape, which I should of known better than to use. It has always bit me. I removed all of the Teflon tape and replaced it with good old reliable Permatex #2.


Turns out one of my mounts detached from the tank.


You can see from the pic above there was definitely adhesion issues to the tank, as it pulled right off. I am thinking I only applied it to the surface of the aluminum angle and it never had great contact with the tank surface. I applied the adhesive to both the angle and the tank thos go around.



The other issue I encountered was the U-turn fitting I made would want to twist, as it was only attached by the 90 degree fitting into the pump. I thought this potential twisting motion could cause a leak down the road, so I found some U-Bracket in the basement and made up a quick anti-rotation bracket.


Installed and ready to go!


I think it looks pretty good! Still need help dialing it in, but it sure wow'd people on the ground.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: August 28, 2022